PARADIGM: Pieces

 Paradigm



Pieces


PIECES



I like Love;

I am a romantic,

I like the idea of two souls connecting;

But I've never found love.

Where I come from;

Only royalties can afford Love.


First time I fell,

It was a rollercoaster;

I had butterflies and felt things in places I didn't know I had,

I never knew anyone could mean so much to me,

I would have given my life for her;

Eventually, I did


She tells me she loves me,

Apparently, she loves many others,

She says;

She has a big heart and so there's enough to go around,

What I thought was special,

Turns out I am just one of the piece in a whole game of chess.


She is queen;

Even knowing I wasn't her one and only,

It didn't matter to me,

As long as I was part of her folly;

Day and night,

At her beck and call;

Taking whatever affection she throws my way,

Tonight, she tells me to go away;

I'm too soft and no longer fun,

She says


Broken and alone,

In distress and without hope;

I wonder,

Is this the Love I prayed for?

Am I a victim of my imaginations,

Or a cruel play of fate.

It hurts so bad, I could feel my heart tear apart;

There's nothing left but doubt,

As I know,  I will never love again.


I stand with pride, 

As I look at my Victim's eyes;

I know her heart breaks,

As I leave her for another prey;

Never again, will I be someone's fun lay,

Till Eternity;

I'll keep leaving traces of hearts and mates,

After all, I am just a broken Piece.

Broken to break others



Instagram: rygles

Twitter:rygleserik

Facebook: Glory Eric

Website: rygles.net

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??