THE SOJOURNER’S DIARY



 I celebrated my birthday three days ago. Did I even celebrate it? I was on such a low mood. Broke as a ceramic plate thrown off a roof. Nothing seemed to be going right. I even cried at some point 😂😂😂

But that was me being stupid and I didn't realize it till I woke up the next morning and realized I had become a year older and here I was still standing. I realized I was an ingrate. People took out their time to call, text, make posts, my brother sent me a thousand naira for glo subscription that finished that day that day 😂  Mehn... A dear friend even ordered a frame, the one you see at the top of this post for me all the way from Abuja to Lokoja and you know the icing on the cake, na Anyigba she de (boom!) 😏 

I woke up in the morning the day after and realized I was loved not just by men, but by God. I had come a long way from where I was a year before and even although if I think about it now, I actually spent money on my birthday last year in comparison to this year that I spent almost entirely at home, I also significantly realized that I had grown up. Yes na broke I broke but my money now has priorities. Settling the issues I have instead of focusing on spending on a day just like any other day. This is not me trying to play down the value and importance of numbering our days I promise. In fact, I realized how important it is. Why? Amongst other reasons, I realized usually celebrate my birthday with a very close friend of mine whom I lost to death earlier this year (Rest in peace Rafiu) and on that day, I remembered the abundance of joy he left on the earth in the short time he lived. And that is what is important above all. Your impact in your immediate surrounding and as far as your heart can reach. 

I'm grateful I'm a year older but more importantly I am thankful I'm two times wiser or am I? Anyways, it feels good being alive and chasing these goals I dream of everyday. If you're reading this post, I want to remind you of how loved you are. Even if it's by just a soul, fam, you're loved and even on those dark days, remember you were once in the light and you can still create those sparks to ignite a flame. 

Feels good to be 20 something again, can't believe how young I actually am. I'm taking out this time to tell my self say "guy you de try" you should too. By the time you are reading this post, I may be doing something else but right now, I gotta go cook beans and spaghetti so till our paths cross again, remember, the light is always in you and that hope requires a contender who sees no virtue in surrender, from cradle to casket, the heart must persevere. 



Post by: The Sojourner 

Socials: Twitter: @Iamcrosswordz

               IG:          @crosswordz

JOIN THE COMMUNITY!!!

Instagram: https://instagram.com/thetellrhodescommunity

Facebook: The Tellrhodes Blog

WhatsApp: https://wa.me/2348071110893

Gmail: tellrhodes@gmail.com


Comments

  1. I am glad you're genuinely grateful for life. A good number of us are concerned about the pictures, cake, party, outings, food and every other flashy perishables associated with birthdays, that we forget about The Supreme One who keep us alive, who has shown mercy and unbeatable grace for us to witness a new age.

    Sometimes, we are overwhelmed by life difficulties, jealousy, envy, vanity; hence, neglecting the littlest things to be grateful for.

    I don't know if I am in line or was able to pass my msg accordingly but I am going to end this with 'God bless your New Age'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??