LIFE AS IT IS- VOWS


Vow's

When he approached home, he was full of remorse. All he felt within him was sadness. And apologies, all he had constructed on his way back home. He was going to start with the gift he had bought and then go down on his knees. He would plead until she forgave him and this time he promised himself, this time things would be alright.

He opened the door with care. Moving quietly, not doing anything that would disturb her.
When he entered, it was silent.

Their house had never been silent. It was either she was cooking while humming to herself or listening to her favorite artists. Songs of Lana Del Rey and Halsey. Most times she would sing along and one couldn't help but feel the longing in her voice. Those times, he had felt sobered. Not knowing how to help, not matter how much he had tried.

This time it was not what he expected, and even though he didn't want to admit it to himself, it felt peaceful.

Once upon a time, their life had been like a fairy tale. Not the trials of Cinderella, Bella or Regina (The Evil Queen) but the happily ever after part after they had met their respective soulmate.

And even though he wanted to blame it on his late hours at work or their childlessness, he couldn't.

Their problems started the moment she discovered he married her for the wrong reasons. And for a while, he didn't find anything fault in that. Many people he knew had married because they felt it was the time to and other box had been clicked. But she hadn't seen it that way.

How she was different, that's what he had liked about her.

And that difference what was had broken them.

He walked to the center table and placed his keys on it. There, he saw the note.

John, it had read.

He opened it softly, not wanting to see and wanting at the same time.

Dear John,

I love you.

That would never change.

This three words has been what has kept me within the walls all this years.

The first time I realized you had married me because you felt it was the right time for you, i was angry. I raged. Within me was thunderstorm and like Phoenix, I rose.

Mine with anger.

After a while i realized many people do the same. It's like a to-do list. Many people feel that at a certain age, they are things they are supposed to accomplish. It's nature and most people have come to live with it.


I couldn't even if I tried and even though I've forgiven you a thousand times in my heart, I'm lost, realizing that we didn't actually know each other.

Or maybe we didn't really know ourselves.

And that's what I want to do. I want to know who I am. Maybe you won't be here when I'm  back or maybe we'll both find something different from what we used to know.

But I want this time and I hope you make do with yours too.

Love, Sarah.
.......
The words he could feel as he rubbed the note on his chest. There were many things she didn't write, but he knew them in his heart. Maybe this was best for them, he thought. But he didn't feel good at all.

Life was a mess.

He had just lost one of the best things that had ever happened to him.

Facebook: Habdul Archer
Instagram: @archer015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??