PARADIGM



Paradigm

Hey... Its been a while;

Its been a rough few months,

To give myself a pat in the head;I think i did pretty well considering. I learned a few things about life.


Few things to note about me, let's just say growing up, I haven't been lucky enough to meet a lot of good hearted people so along the line, I generally had low expectations when it comes to people hence I tend to rely mostly on myself and God, mostly God cause you know there's not really much I can do except use my dark sense of humour to make sense out of life, and to be honest i think my sense of humor is lit ?legit? bang?? Or whatever the youngsters say these days.


First, I had to live without a phone for nearly three weeks (humbling experience that one), I was admitted in the hospital for the first time in my life( now I've lost the bragging rights for this at home and now the last born is the present champion #eye roll). My Laptop decided to show me who the boss is, I can tell you it failed cos I sold it for scraps; Who is the boss now? #grins maniacally.


These and some other private things happened to me but for some reason I wasn't depressed or sad which surprised me hence the self given pat on the head. I had people call me through my small "chinco" phone, by the way, when it rings; I am certain it can raise people from the dead but I put it on silence cause I don't want to have to share the glory with Jesus.


Back to the lessons I learnt.


1. There is peace in ignorance. When I was disconnected from the world,  I was basically uninformed about the happenings in the world and that gave me a certain peace that I can't exactly express. Sometimes, for your peace of mind, it is okay not to know everything, you can put on a veil in your sometimes.


2. I am not exactly what you would call nice and by watching the lives of three people around me that I have not exactly met in real life; I have learnt how to be kinder, I learnt how to give without expecting anything in return (although I like to hear a thank you now and then) from a dear friend, I also understood the power of sacrifice from another friend, although my circle is small; I am surrounded with amazing people and that is a blessing I don't take for granted even though I call them animal names sometimes.


3. Blessings can come from the most unexpected places, I know I don't deserve certain things and yet I have them; I try to rationalize certain actions most of the time but now I just got with the flow and stop questioning actions except for with my siblings (I can't afford to put down my defenses).


4. Sometimes, things have to get worse to get better, growth comes by learning and you can learn from anywhere and anyone. Don't ever put people down, it is just dumb except you are Ironman. Don't judge a book by its cover, I saw a book one time, amazing cover, great colour and all, sweet title; Boy oh boy- Content is Zero! So really; get to know people before you come to a conclusion about them.

 


5. I have come to the understanding that God loves me and I might not be deserving of that love or have come to that stage where I can boldly say I love him too but I am working on it. One sided relationship sucks big time.


6. Lastly, I have learnt that every action you make can cause a chain reaction, good or bad... It is up to you. Be kind to others, be generous, Love yourself, Strive to be better. 


Have a nice day!!!


Glory Eric-Facebook 

Rygles- IG

rygleserik-Twitter

JOIN THE COMMUNITY!!!

Instagram: https://instagram.com/thetellrhodescommunity

Facebook: The Tellrhodes Blog

WhatsApp: https://wa.me/2348071110893

Gmail: tellrhodes@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??