PARADIGM: Masterpiece

 


Paradigm

Masterpiece


Touch me once;

Shame on you;

Touch me twice,

Shame on me;

Swear on his holy word,

That you let me be!

Dance in the blood of my toil,

That you look the other way;


Guilt and pleasure,

Sin and mischief;

Love and Light,

Where are thou?

Bear me witness!

The earth has turned its back;


The moon has shielded it's eye,

The sun has refused to rise;

To be woman or to be a tin,

Take my opinion; 

Please make it count!

All I am,

Is a woman entrapped;


Let me be!

Society free my heart,

Let my brain spark and let my words fly;

Son of Adam,

Don't hold me back!


We both have sinned,

I am not the only one that was cursed so don't put me down!

What am I?

The voices of women enslaved by their mind, tied by their pack;

I want to be free,

Free to be his masterpiece.


This was inspired by something I watched happen few days ago, I see things like that more often than I'd like, but this day I felt so trapped on her behalf.


Normal day at Work(Yes, writing doesn't feed me; not yet anyway), This couple came to the office, the wife was humming a song, Her husband shushed her(like shush, not the nice kind of shush, the kind you tell a petulant kid that's about to embarrass you publicly). Next thing, I was asking her some questions, her husband kept answering on her behalf, I tried to tell this Husband to let her speak at least, he looked at her like she wasn't capable of making a coherent sentence. He also answered how old she was, now the issue here isn't even the husband that was literally telling her everything to do (even where she sat, her husband had to tell her). She was so obedient and quiet, she even looked guilty because she hummed. This happens a lot where I come from, and the few places I have traveled to.


This is the 21st century, yet a lot of women believe they are not really capable of anything, it wasn't really the man's controlling ability that irked me, it was how sorry she looked anytime she thought she had made some kind of mistake, how little do you have to look at yourself that you can't even answer how old you are by yourself. This and many more experiences I've had, even to me. I can't imagine having something to say but not given a chance to speak, it tells a lot about where we are as a nation. 



Man or woman; GOD CREATED US WITH A PURPOSE IN MIND, IF HE WANTED WOMEN TO BE JUST ROBOTS TO DO AS MAN WILLS, HE WOULDN'T HAVE BOTHERED GIVING US BRAINS, TALENTS AND VOICE. YOU MATTER, MALE OR FEMALE, YOU MATTER!!! DON'T EVER LET ANYONE MAKE YOU FEEL LESS OR OTHERWISE. YOU ARE GOD'S MASTERPIECE!!!

Have a beautiful week!!!


Facebook; Glory Eric

Instagram: Rygles

Twitter: Rygleserik

JOIN THE COMMUNITY!!!

Instagram: https://instagram.com/thetellrhodescommunity

Facebook: The Tellrhodes Blog

WhatsApp: https://wa.me/2348071110893

Gmail: tellrhodes@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??