INSIDE LIFE WITH GBEMI: BE YOURSELF

 BE YOURSELF



One of the many things my late dad taught me was to fall in love with my name. Like I practically love writing my names on everything that belongs to me and scribbling it even on desks. My mum still teases me about it. One thing I realized from this habit was that I am who I am, not anyone else. My name and identity belongs to me and I should proudly own it. This realization helped me overcome peer pressure growing up (apart from the fact that I was too lazy to indulge😄😄). 

I know owning up to yourself can be a little bit challenging especially living in a world where everyone is expected to make immediately, drive the latest cars, own the latest mansions, wear the latest designers fashion, use the latest phones and then upload them all on social media. However, not everyone will “blow” at the same time. 

The fact that you are not there yet doesn’t mean you won’t be there tomorrow. So, do your best, take a chill pill, relax, drink enough water and belt out Simi’s lyrics “Original baby, wherever you go be yourself, original bobo, ah you can never be somebody else, original baby, whatever you do you better be true, original bobo, oh no matter the pressure be yourself”. 

 

Post by : Ojole Omogbeminiyi Rotade

Facebook: Ojole Gbemi Rotade

Instagram: rotade_o

Twitter: @rotadegbemmy


JOIN THE COMMUNITY!!!

Instagram: https://instagram.com/thetellrhodescommunity

Facebook: The Tellrhodes Blog

WhatsApp: https://wa.me/2348071110893

Gmail: tellrhodes@gmail.com


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??