LIVE THROUGH MY EYES: THROUGH THE LIGHT

THROUGH THE LIGHT


The first thing I felt was the cold. It wasn't like walking in the rain or dipping in a pool. It was damp and silent and for days I couldn't hear anything except for my own thoughts.


I wasn't down there anymore.


I didn't have a body anymore.


"Oh Beatrice, poor Beatrice" who would brush her curls, who would feed or take her outside when she needs a dip.


I knew I was avoiding it, thinking about the person I would miss the most. Not that Beatrice didn't matter but what mattered the most was Amina. With her dark grey eyes and that wide smile of hers. The way her body moved had been everything. I knew I wasn't going to see her anymore so all the memories I had of her I wanted to save it into the deepest part of me. 


There are people I would miss; my friends but like Amina, I'm a just memory to them now.


I'm a picture. 

Still. 

Motionless. 


The same thing my parents had been when I watched them slip away from me years ago.


Father, then mother shortly after.


Maybe I'll see them again. But will they remember me like I remember them or would after a while the memories start slipping.


Would they call me son if they see me or would them still be together like they had promised each other on Saturday morning four years before my birth.


What about me? Would I remember forever or forget after a while.


Would these memories of Amina fade? Which one of them? All or none? 


Or maybe the ones that are painful as we were not perfect and only humans who went through discords and tribulations.


They say Animals never forget. Maybe Beatrice would remember me forever and I her.


They say many things about "after", but this is not the here and now.


What would really happen when I finally go through the light? 


Post by : Habdul Archer

IG: @archer015

JOIN THE COMMUNITY!!!

Instagram: https://instagram.com/thetellrhodescommunity

Facebook: The Tellrhodes Blog

WhatsApp: https://wa.me/2348071110893

Gmail: tellrhodes@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??