LIFE THROUGH MY EYES: That thing called pressure..."Self and peer"


__That thing called pressure..."Self and peer"_ 

When I was growing up, I battled with self confidence. And most of the time, it made me angry. Probably because it made me feel week.

One thing I didn't get though, was how people saw me. I didn't know if it was my aura or something but most of the people who was annoying towards me claimed that I acted like I knew it all. That was their excuses. Stupid right? I mean I was there battling with self issues and someone thought I was a acting perfect.

A little time after that, I started  to study me, find myself. It's silly when you realize there are things you don't really know that well about yourself or things you start to learn. How far you can go, how loyal you can be, how much you can love someone and how destructive you can be. I did lot of learning while growing and society did lot of presurring.

Society can't really help itself. It's something it's know for. This week we discussed something about peer pressure in the community group and I for one has seen what pressure can do.

Boys can relate that as soon as they reach a certain age, they are pressure from every angle, especially thier friends.

They are talks like "is there anyone you like", "Do you have a girlfriend", "Have you slept with anyone yet".. It's sad because some of these question even comes from adults they look up to. These questions make us feel bad sometimes especially when it's a "no" for all questions. Most people end up lying to suit thier peer. It's fun, isnt it ? When the experience is a shared one. 

Don't let any guy tell you otherwise. When asked these question, it turns into akward situations..

And so, lots of boys wants to do have these things because they feel it's the way it should be. 

They enter relationships they are not prepared for and do things many would deemed stupid.

Adults too are not left out. Ladies knows how it feels when all thier friends are married and they are the single one left in the group. It becomes some kind of self pressure to get hooked to someone because you feel it's your time too. If it's your time, you end up getting hitched too but if it isn't, you may end up being in messy relationships that shouldn't have happen in the first place.

And men too get this pressure too. Especially when they start to get to thier thirties. They may feel like they are lots of things they should have achieved and when they are not ticking those boxes, they start to go through problems like self doubts.

As humans, none of us is perfect and as we walk through episodes of this things called life, they are bounds to be challenges.

 I know it doesn't sound funny, but are you really living if you are not going through challenges and breaking limits. Life has it ups and downs and giving up is not something that should cross anyone's mind.

Pressure would come, you are human.
You just need to know yourself and not let them temper with your psych. 

Thank you.


Post by: Habdul Archer
IG: @archer015

JOIN THE COMMUNITY!!!

Instagram: https://instagram.com/thetellrhodescommunity

Facebook: The Tellrhodes Blog

WhatsApp: https://wa.me/2348071110893

Gmail: tellrhodes@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??