LIFE AS IT IS: A BEAUTIFUL MESS

A BEAUTIFUL MESS 

Hey you, 

Are you in sync with what is happening in the world today?

2020 started with a banger. I was in school when I first heard of the novel virus. Then of the Italian man who entered into Nigeria. I was terrified,  but it was brief. In my years on earth, I've never experienced such so I guess my concern was a little short. I thought to myself, it shall pass away. I still do believe that but then I was almost certain it was going to be more like a week or so. But now; here we are, still going through the same shit. Some of us have lost loved ones to this, some of us haven't seen family members for months because of this and then there are people who are stuck; physically, mentally.

I know it's terrifying. It is for me too. I want to be brave and I want you to try to be too. It's going to okay. We have to believe that. 
.........

In 2017, during my industrial training; I was going to work when I saw some people holding placards on the road. It was for Ochanya Ogbange, a young lady who had been molested by her uncle and his son. I was angry. I have sisters and I don't want to ever imagine them being in such situation. After that day, I followed the case. Only for some weeks i'm ashamed to say. When I heard of Tina and Uwa story some days back, I quickly went online to search how Ochanya story went. I felt relieved when I read her molesters were persecuted. There is no much difference between Tina and Uwa stories to Ochanya's. All victims were thrown to the hand of death by men. I am ashamed. I'm so sad. I'm heartbroken.

I don't know the right words to say to make anyone feel better. I have kids. My nieces, two little kids; age 3 and 1 and it makes me afraid for the world they are growing up into. I want to hide them, shelter them but I know it's not the best way to live. I pray we become better. Man, woman. I pray we learn to love others the way we love ourselves.
.....
Today, America is going through a problem of their own.

Racism.

Some people would say it's their problem not ours, and that we have enough on our plates. but as human being considerate is not something we should back away from.

I've always dreamed of America. In my head, it's the warmest of blue and there is laughter everywhere. And many times I've thought of creating a place for myself there.

But then what I see today is not something I want to be part of. I don't want to look left and right while walking down a street. I don't want to be in constant fear that some certain people hate my color and they feel I'm less of them in everyway.

I cry as I write this because I know apart from this issues that are on ground now, there are lots of other things wrong with the society and unless we begin to tackle these things one by one, we are never going to be alright.

It's a terrible world, yes I know but we need to make it better. If not for ourselves, then for those who would come after us.


Post by : Abubakar Abdul
Facebook: Habdul Archer
IG: @archer015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??