ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: APERSONAL STORY

A PERSONAL STORY
For some weeks now, I have followed an early morning routine of going to the stadium near my place in order to exercise little, at least that was what I thought when I began. One major challenge that works everyone out is jogging round the track that surrounds the football field. In any event where an individual is able to hit ten laps, it means that individual is on top of his/her game. However, there comes to the same arena a hefty young man who jogs over forty laps, minimum, without tiring before playing football. People there call him a monster and they all avoid him.

On my first day, I went six laps and I burnt out. I  thought it sufficed and felt quite loaded. I didn't meet the monster until my second day when I met him running the tracks. I was challenged. This was a ticket to improvement. If I could go ten with him, it only meant I had improved. Hence, I joined him.The first voices I heard were those of naysayers. Ah, o boy, you wan kill yourself? Wetin you dey do so? You no fit follow that guy o. 

I was tempted to give in given the frenetic manner in which their comments poured in but I remembered to never give up in a just cause, a key ingredient of success. So, I pulled through and dragged on. The first five laps on a high pace were stretching. I could feel my side signaling but I kept on. I told myself I was just warming up. I hit 12 laps with him and I tanked, washed but not out. I was pleased. I had gone beyond my expectations to the dismay of some persons. It felt great and I awaited the next venture. 

Today, I go 25 to 30 laps on the same track with the same guy, the monster everyone were running from. I improved myself, following him. It has become a sport for me. He is a good coach and a great athlete. For each time I feel exhausted, he says 'one more' and I push on until I reach a plateau. Some of the people who once dissuaded are now inspired. 

I tell you this story to show you an underlying factor which I believe you can pick for yourself.

 *Never balk at something you believe you can do*. Groom yourself and grow. There is enough room for that. 

If you have a similar experience, please share below in the comment box. Remain committed! 

Have a great week. 

👤: Alkali Amana 


FB | IG | Twitter: alkaliamana 
Email: alkaliamana@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??