MY OPEN DAIRY 11: LAGBAJA NOTHING FOR YOU!


LAGBAJA NOTHING FOR YOU๐Ÿ˜‚
Over the course of the lockdown i got to spend a little more time with the cutie in these pictures, and i have learnt a lot from her and sometimes she reminds me of stories from my childhood.

Let me share one with you,
90’s kids and older people will remember Lagbaja the masked musician he had so many hit songs and is no doubt a legend, all with out showing his face. 

At that time when he was still actively making music, my dad had this friend who used to come and visit us , his name is Mr Badejo, he was one of those friends that got special treatment, you know the ones special plates are brought out for๐Ÿ˜‚ this man was so funny and had such a presence, he laughed so loud and heartily too and he constantly made jokes what you will call the life of the party! Everyone in my family loved him❤️
Being the youngest they always liked to mess with me and in this case they told me he was Lagbaja the face behind the mask. 
Dear friends and family i believed them!
He always sang this line from one of the songs by Labaja to me, he would sing “Baby anything for me and my reponse would be Lagbaja nothing for you๐Ÿ˜‚”  
Of cause now i know better! I remembered this story because every time i step out of the house, Ella would always ask Aunty Rhoda where are you going? and i will say “to see the queen” when i get back she would proceed to ask questions about the queen and of cause i would have my replies ready, recently someone was going out and i heard her asking them if they were going to see the Queen๐Ÿ˜‚. 

Now i see why we should have the heart of a child they are not too wise in thier own eyes and they find it so easy to believe people older than they are, this might be seen as foolishness but imagine if we believed God the same way they believe us then the possibilities would be endless. 

I don’t know about you but i am learning to trust not in my wisdom but in the promises of God that never fail, though they might not seem realistic to my human mind, though things might not look good right now,  but i know that his promises are sure, and his word never fails.
#tellrhodes #thetellrhodescommunity #Jesus

Comments

  1. A story about trust couldn't have been written any better than this Rhoda well done. We keep failing to trust God because his promises seem unrealistic, unimaginable & untainable by us. Yeah! That's why he is God and we are his children! God can be trusted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes God can and should be trusted, thank you so much for reading and engaging❤️

      Delete
  2. You had me hooked at Lagbaja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... glad you read this๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿพ

      Delete
  3. This just reminded of a few days ago when my sister was thinking of the different stories She'll tell her children and how they'll react when they find out the truth later on ๐Ÿ˜น ๐Ÿ˜น ๐Ÿ˜น

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??