LIFE THROUGH MY EYES: IF I COULD WALK IN YOUR SHOES


IF I COULD WALK IN YOUR SHOES

Prologue

Jide: You know that saying? 

You can be whoever you want to be.. What many do not know is that there are terms and conditions applied to it. You may not see it, but it's hidden there in grey lines. 

October first, not the same day our country got it's independence, I was born. My mother, a petty trader then, had just returned from the nearby market when she started having labor pains. It had been a quick one. There had been celebration all through out that night.  Father, a civil servant had round up his friends to the closest beer parlour. On the way, he had told everyone who cared to listen about the birth of his first male child.

And last... 

Of course he didn't know that. Too soon to let the cat out of the bag? Oops. Sorry.

I had grown up with five sisters. Three had came before me and two after. "The two girls were probably mother's  trying out her luck again", this I heard from aunts who had come visiting after my last sister birth. 
.......
Amaka: The day i was born, my father had shouted "Not again". This my mother liked to remind me of every single time I did something wrong in her eyes; which was "every single day"

I was the sixth child and every child that had been born before me were girls. Mother had taught I was going to be her lucky charm, and when I turned out not be; all her frustration had focused my way. 

She had sent me to her cousin when I was five. 

That's where my life truly started. 

.....to be continued

Post by Abdul Abubakar
Instagram: archer015
Facebook: Habdul Archer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??