INSIDE LIFE WITH GBEMI: DON’T BITE MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW

DON’T BITE MORE THAN YOU CAN CHEW


During a fasting period sometimes ago (fasting and prayers held for the new year), I was still a bit younger. I remember that day trying to break my fast. I was very hungry. The six-to-six fasting really took its toll on me that day. I ended up eating more than necessary. I ate “everything” edible in the house from rice to boiled maize to cucumber (I ate them all) with the mind that the following day fasting continues. The more I remember the hunger I felt earlier, the more I kept on eating. 

That night I couldn’t sleep. I had serious stomach constipation/indigestion. Very serious stomach ache. See me begging and promising God not to over-eat again in my life. I threw up everything I ate and the following day the hunger was abnormal. 

Most times, we try to bite more than we can chew or in this case eat everything, literally and figuratively. No one can have everything in a day, in a year or even ten years to come. Even the Dangote does not have everything. So be contented with what you have today and try to avoid over-eating because you might end up throwing up everything you ate later. Remember, godliness with contentment is great gain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??