INSIDE LIFE WITH GBEMI: THE AWKWARD MARRIAGE PROPOSAL


THROWBACK THURSDAY: THE AWKWARD MARRIAGE PROPOSAL OF THAT YEAR
Hey fam, let's take a break from all the pandemic wahala and take a trip down memory lane to my awkward marriage proposal. Yeah you read that right, someone actually proposed to me, small girl like me πŸ˜†πŸ˜†. So it was in my final year, two weeks to final exams and you know how fly someone can be feeling at a time like that. Especially during the FYB week (final year brethren week),social media suffered from my pictures. Unknown to me brother Tee saw this pictures o. And bros is way older, like 10 years or so older, I actually looked up to him as an older brother. That fateful day he saw my pictures on facebook and remembered that I exist.
That's how he called me and after asking about my well being he started giving me advice on how I should not go back to study medicine (I wanted badly to study medicine but since I wasn't given at first, I had the intention to go back after my 1st degree to study medicine), that men these days don't want their wives to be higher than them, that I should instead relax and find a man to marry. I was surprised to hear that from him, he never strucked me as someone who would actually say that (and besides what concern me with marriage then). I've never discussed marriage with anybody. I gave him my piece of mind that I can't let anyone decide my life for me.
He called me later to tell me that ehn, God was leading him to me, that he wants to marry me and that he can't wait for me to go for another degree. He told me not to rush and say no, but I should think about it and he was even going to talk to my family about it. I was just waiting to see how everything was going to turn out ( let me see if that's how I'll get married name) so I told him to go ahead. Bros did not call anybody at last and the next time he called I told him I'm not ready for marriage. He tried persuading me but I refused to budge. To cut the story short, six months later I saw his pre-wedding pictures on facebook and just like that "god" has given him another wife. Well, such is life😁😁😁

Post by : Ojole Omogbeminiyi Rotade
Facebook: Ojole Gbemi Rotade
Instagram: rotade_o

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??