PARADIGM: GONE


Baby's POV;
I hear her cry every night; heart throbbing sounds that makes me wide awake.
I feel strokes and pleas
it scares me.
I find no comfort in Mama's womb
My heart beats next to her when all's quiet and in those rare moment she tells me stories
About my Father; a man who has no knowledge of my existence.
About her life, her friends, her family
It makes me happy, to think I'd be part of this family of love.
I am happy in Mama's womb..
One morning,
It felt different,
I couldn't tell how;
Mama was apologizing more than usual
She was up extra early,
With a tremor in her voice, she sang me Good morning.
I felt it then,
 the cold metal hands of death.
Then I knew;
Mama didn't want me.
I was unloved.
I tried to fight it, as I struggled I heard Mama's scream;
"Serves her right!" I thought.
But my fragile 7 weeks self was no match,
As the stranger sucked my very essence out;
I wondered what I'd done to deserve death at the hands of the very person meant to give me life.


Mother's POV;

I’m just sixteen
What am I going to do?
No way to spead  my wings
To forget my dreams
Just to grow this seed
I am just a kid
I sob at every light
Guilt in my mind
Is it in my head or I feel a movement in my ribs
I tell myself, as I touch my womb
You are just a seed
No consciousness or grief
No harm done
Why do I feel my heart break
Like this is a mistake
I’ll live to regret
For the rest of my days
Are you alive?
I say to the seed
I tell him stories that are just fables
Lies that his father was a king
That my family didn’t just throw me out the street
Do you feel my warmth
Better this  way
I think,
As I feel a great pain my way
Better to go back to where you came
Where pain and misery is a tale
I feel a tear drop as I feel empty Again

Do you get the message in the poem??? Let me know what you think below?

Contact Me👇🏾
Facebook; Glory Eric
IG: Rygles
Twitter; Rygleserik

Join the Community
Instagram: https://instagram.com/thetellrhodescommunity
Facebook: The Tellrhodes Blog
WhatsApp: https://wa.me/2348071110893
Gmail: tellrhodes@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??