LIFE THROUGH MY EYES: PREY (Fiction)


FICTION
PREY
........
1.

The widening of the zinc from the sun couldn't hold my attention. I could still hear her sobbing. I try my hardest to concentrate on the noise but it seemed my heart had a mind of its own. Hours from now, she would stop. She would enter the bathroom, pour a little water on her face, wipe it up with a face towel. She would come outside and smile brightly at us. We would do the same. This is what it is.

She would go into the kitchen. She would prepare the evening meal. She would call me to come serve his food and i will go down on my knees and as i stand in front of him, i will bow my head and leave.

It will happen tomorrow again.

One time i had asked her why she didn't leave him. She had told me no one had ever treated her better. She had told me about her parents calling the devil. Trading one prison for another i had thought.

"Your father only beat me because I'm disrespectful" she would say. "The devil in me fears him"

"The devil here is him" I want to say, but i dare not utter such words. She would tell him and he would use the rod while she stared gleefully.
.......
2.

He comes back drunk. It's a daily routine. Some days worse than others. She let him in. She dare not.It his house after all.

She walks in front of him, like a servant; opening  every door for him to pass through.

He pounced. She let him
He didn't stop this time.

She's gone.

Post by: Abubakar Abdul
Instagram: @archer015
Facebook: Habdul Archer

Join the Community
Facebook: The Tellrhodes Blog
Gmail: tellrhodes@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??