LIFE WITH REE: SUPERSTITION


Hello Beautiful People of TTB, How are you doing? I have come again o with my beautiful wahala .
  Today I'm going to he talking about a Nigeria all time favorite => Superstition, Superstition is one of the Wonderful things that makes us Nigerian and even also African
 Superstition is any belief or pratice that is considered irrational or supernatural , it mostly arises from ignorance, Growing up I believed in so much Superstition because I grew up with a lot of Old people and we all know that the favorite pastime of elderly people is telling stories or wars they didn't witness and superhero feat they didn't achieve and of course sharing superstitions , This are the wonderful things that makes us love them anyway. But most times especially when we get older we stopped to think and laugh at how we were scammed.
One time in primary school, I had sore throat, this one was a lot more painful than the regular one as my throat was visibly swollen, I managed to go to school and I struggled with pain throughout the day , a teacher noticed and asked what the matter was, I explained to her and she proffered an solution, I was happy because it didn't require drugs or injection, all I had to do was wake up in the morning, avoid talking to anyone, go to a corner of the wall and spit three times, easy breezy, all I had to do was wake up before everyone to avoid greeting and ruining my cure, I woke up as early as I could, didn't even say my prayers, started running to the available corner of the wall, I rushed quickly past my mum, i Wondered what she was doing awake but I couldn't care less, immediately she pulled me back by my Night gown and asked if I woke up blind, I shaved my head, she asked if I was okay, I nodded, she then asked why I didn't greet her, I shrugged and made to leave so I could cure my sore throat asap, she pulled me back by my dress and gave my a Hot slap, before I realized what had happened, I shouted the last good morning ever. That was the last time I listened to that teacher, I even went as far as labelling her a wicked woman.
  All manner of superstitious belief in Nigeria ranging from outrightly laughable to incredibly unreasonable, I have a few that has left me laughing and also asking questions.
1: If you sneeze, then somebody is either talking about you or Calling your name and you can cure this only if you ask somebody to call your name. I don't even understand this one, because honestly something is missing somewhere.

2 : If a Baby has hiccups, pull a thread from his/her cloth and put on the head of the baby, Lmao this is totally true because we all know that thread has healing properties and it joins forced with the babies hair to cure the hiccups, whoever created this one must be such a smart person

3: This 3rd one really showed me pepper in school, if a teacher threatens to flog you, pluck few hair from your eyelashes and let the teacher step on it or walk over it, the teacher will forget about.  I almost lost all my lashes because of this one and no, my teachers never forgot to flog me .

4: This one is Such a medical breakthrough, if there is ever increase of infertility among Nigerian men, we know the reason, We have all heard that " if you beat a male child with broom or touch him with a stick of broom, him manhood will shrink and he will become impotent or his manhood will disappear . Wehdone sir, wehdone ma....we all know that the broom had special properties and organic materials that trigger the size of a manhood to shrink or disappear.

5: if your hand itches you, it means money is coming your way. Wonderful! Just wonderful, this meins that somebody somewhere has been collecting all my money, could it be my village people? Because my hand itches all the time but i am still broke like a China plate.


I'm just going to add this last one because I am shamelessly guilty, If you're going anywhere and you hit your right leg on a stone, you're bound to meet bad luck whereever you're going, so start going back. Especially if you have an appointment with Dangote, please go back immediately even if he promised you millions of dollars

















Leemao at all the ignorance we have all eaten, swallowed and digested as Nigerians .
Please feel free to add in the comment section, The superstitions that you believe, used to believe or superstitions that leaves you totally speechless
Remember Sharing is caring and Caring is beautiful.
I love you but Jesus Loves you more.



Oluwaremilekun Michelle Bodamisi - Facebook
Remi_cherrii - Instagram.



WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS POST LETS TALK IN THE COMMENT SECTION DON'T FORGET YOU CAN FOLLOW THIS BLOG JUST CLICK THE BUTTON TO YOUR RIGHT ON THE HOME PAGE, ALSO FOLLOW ME ON MY PERSONAL SOCIAL MEDIA HANDLES ABOVE❤... WE APPRECIATE YOU!

Comments

  1. I can remember vividly well, other superstitious beliefs :

    Seeing a rabbit during the day. It connetes bad omen as we were made to believe back then. Wondering if a rabbit won't run for safety when an army of soldier ants invade its nest during the day!, irrespective of its nucturnal nature.

    I can also remember we were told not to point fingers at a flowering fruit tree, else its fruits won't mature, but prematurely fall off. I grew up to realize the essence of this is to deter the child from plucking the flowers �� that transform to fruits.

    What of urinating on a footpath? If you fail to rub the urine on your navel, you are bound to give birth to a deformed or paralyzed baby... Lol. And the list goes on.

    The beauty of some of these superstitious beliefs is that it restrains kids from some demeanors and obnoxious habits.

    Growing up was fun!

    Thanks for provoking a nostalgic feeling in the mind of your readers about growing up. Can we bring back the hand of time⌚? Your guess is as good as mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??