WALLFLOWER: BROKEN EP 11


Hi TTB followers and welcome to my series.
Hope you had a great week?
Thanks for your consistency and love..
I am most grateful.
Let's get on with this shall we?

          Broken
     (Episode 11)
         (Recap)
My life had been complicating enough and I was ready to let go.

The day that changed me began like every normal day.
The doctor came in, did his routine check up, I had breakfast and lunch.
Towards noon, I felt a sudden urge to have a stroll.
You see, I had been lying for weeks so I needed to exercise my legs.
I called one of the nurses and we set off to stroll around the garden surrounding the hospital.
After a fee minutes of walking I decided to sit and just enjoy the scenery (since I was going to die anyway) when I heard the most beautiful melody.
I listened carefully and although it was an unfamiliar song I felt shivers all over my body and an urge to go see where this was coming from.
While following the voice, I saw a little girl of not more than 8-9 years singing to a man who looked so much like her.
I assumed he was her dad and set off to leave but I found out I was rooted to the spot as she started another song.
With nothing to do, I sat on a nearby seat and listened to her.
I noticed her eyes were closed all through the time she was singing and I felt it was just because she was singing.
When she was done, the man carried her and held her close but she still didn't open her eyes.
I couldn't help buy applaud and had to go closer to talk to her.
When I greeted the man (whom i later found out was her uncle) I asked her what her name was.
That's when she opened her eyes.
I saw the most beautiful grey eyes with a smile to match and I was so shocked.
She kept staring at me without saying a word and when I asked her what her name was again she said her name was Jedi.
I asked her uncle if they were here to see someone and he said she was Here for an operation.
I was confused until he explained that she was blind and her operation was scheduled to hold the next week.
I was shell shocked and after making small talk I set off to leave when Jedi held my hand.
I looked at her out of shock and she said she'd like to be my friend.
The nurse, her uncle and Jedi walked me to my room and that was the beginning of a friendship the changed my life.
Everyday Jedi came to my room and she stayed with me as we spoke, she'd sing to me and sometimes she slept at my room.
I was falling in love with this little Angel.
When curiosity got the best of me, I had to ask her uncle if she was born blind.
He explained that she is Hispanic (half African and half Spanish) explaining the grey eyes but that when she was 4, she got into an accident that took her sight and her parent's life.
I couldn't help but feel ashamed when Jedi told me how people used to make fun of her after she lost her parents and sight.
Here was a little girl who had faced challenges and she was still holding on and yet I was already giving up.
That day, I made a resolution, I was going to stay alive for Jedi.
My relationship with Jedi blossomed as her uncle and I got closer.
She would talk to me about the love of Jesus and how he could make me whole.
I was surprised that this little girl wasn't afraid of the surgery coming up.
A day before her surgery her uncle (Vic), Jedi and I prayed over it (I had already given my life to Christ during the time I was spending with her).
After the Surgery, 2 weeks later, she was discharged but she asked to see me first.
We hugged and I gave her uncle my house and work address (as I was leaving the next day) and we parted ways.
A month later, my assistant told me someone was here to see me and that she said she was my daughter.
I was confused as much as my assistant was but I had a hunch it was Jedi.
I told my assistant to let her in and true enough it was Jedi.
I couldn't control my tears as I hugged her.
I had kept in touch with her uncle and had even gone on a few dates with him but I hadn't seen Jedi.
She told me she wanted to spend the weekend with me and my joy knew no bounds.
On Sunday, after church, we were playing some games when my doorbell rang.
Jedi ran to get the door and before I could stop her I saw Vic holding flowers.
While I was still surprised to see him, he got down on one knee and proposed to me.
I was so happy.
We went to see my mum and after conducting all the necessary marriage rites, we got married.
I got married to Vic and we were blessed with 2 boys and Jedi to complete our home.
I couldn't be more happier.

Although I still had Ischaemic heart disease, I had a family that loved me and a God that looked after me.
I was Broken but he fixed me.

THE END

Post by: Precious .E. Michael
Facebook: Precious Fresh Michael
Instagram: @Adaiba

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??