LIFE WITH REE

Loving the You that you are.


  Hello Lovely Readers of TTB, I know I deserve to be flogged and stripped of my Writer title but please Biko, Forgive me as the Bible commands *Puppy eyes*.
  I'm hear and I'm here for all my people that think that their skin colour or body type is a mistake. Well People of God and atheists too lol, your skin Colour and body type is perfect. No, I do not come with Cliche qoutes and stories about loving and owning who you are, I come as one who was of the opinion that my skin colour and body type was a curse and of course this song is totally inspired by Beyonce andWizkid's Brown skiing Girl ! *Dancing zanku off the beat*
Growing up Being lightskinned wasn't easy for me especially as I was the only lightskinned person in my house and somehow I had managed to only make dark skinned friends, I had constantly heard people call my friends and siblings Black beauty, Black and shining, Caramel skin, chocolate skin and all other wonderful compliments and being the sweet tooth that I am, I always wondered why nobody ever called me anything sweet apart from Yellow pawpaw, oyinbo pepper and I totally hated paw paw and pepper so I felt it was a deliberate insult , who couldn't anybody call me anything sweet!, Looking back I laugh at my self and I cover my face is shame
I would go out with friends and they usually got lovely compliments, The best I got was "Oyinbo", lol I was very positive there was something called skin colour racism in Nigeria and that I was a victim of it LMAO, all I just wanted was somebody to say something nice about me without making reference to my skin colour being the reason or something. One day, I summoned courage from the heavenlies and asked somebody who was always calling me oyinbo pepper why he couldn't call me something nice instead of oyinbo pepper , yeah said "Because your colour dey market, it's not like you're super fine , you're just attractive anyhidy can be lightskinned but Black people are original arricans, Black and beautiful" I was tongue-tied and that became my reason for hating my skin and it wasn't as if I bleached or anything, I always asked myself why I couldn't be dark and be beautiful, I would look at my dark siblings and be like "if only I could be as dark, I wouldn't have to worry about the crazy stereotype that comes with being lightskinned.
When I grew a lot older and men starting coming, they never took me seriously, they thought I was a runs girl because apparently most runs girls are lightskinned. One guy even told me he couldn't marry me as his mum would never approve of a yellow mammy water as a daughter in-law, I laughed because I wasn't even thinking of marry such a shallow person either.
I don't know when or how I stopped editing my pictures to look darker, when I stopped looking at my skin color as a curse, when I started receiving those yellow pawpaw and co as beautiful compliments, I even started loving paw paw, I now wear and own my skin as a badge, I glow to the heavens and I'm not even sorry.
Whatever skin or Body you're in is perfect, it's beautiful and most importantly it is You! There's nothing more beautiful than a woman who is confident in her Body. Confidence is owning who you are, it is knowing that the you that you are is the only you in the world, it's about loving every part of you that you think is imperfect. Knowing that whatever opinion anybody has of you is purely  THIER OWN opinion and it is none of your business.
So My Brown skin girls enjoy now o because when Rihanna and Davido do a song about us we will scatter everywhere, we will lose all our home training and own the song, caption and everything. Don't be jealous o .
Remember that you're the only you that there is out of billions of people in the world therefore love and own your body the way that you are coloured and built because nobody else can own you better than you .

Hugs and Kisses people
Have a lovely rest of the week
Remember sharing is caring

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??