LIFE AS IT IS: All Your Perfects

ALL YOUR PERFECTS

Everyday you would walk down the street and look to the other side of the road, where little children play their hearts out.

Yearning for yours,you would feel the tears as they take over your eyelids.
Every new treatment you have tried,from IVF to fertility treatments but nothing seems to stick.

Years before the walks, you were a young lady. Bright and sunny eyed. Best of your class,full of life and the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

Those years,you called me baby and I;darling,sometimes rubbing my moustache along your arms which weirdly used to be your ticklish spot.

I remember the exact moment we met and even though many would say it's untrue,it did really feel like a Bollywood movie.The slow motion and the sexy way you had removed the hair blocking your face.

I remember everything about that day and the days after and never once have I regretted meeting you.

I wished you would realize that this pain is not yours alone and that the day I pledge myself to you, all your worries became mine too.

Love,always.
Sam.
.......
When I was growing up, my mother would tell my sisters and I how our body was our pride and how we should treat it like the Lord's temple.

And for years, I did so. I treated my body with respect. I lived a beautiful young life and I worshipped God in every single way I could think of.

When we met was actually not really the first time  I have seen you. Months before that day, I had come to learn of your name. Beautiful It had sounded as I caressed it along my lips. My cousin had attended a birthday party and girls being girls; she had showed us pictures of the cute guys who had also attended the party.

That's why when I met you months later, I knew it was fate.

I love and will continue to do so until my last breath.

Marriage comes,and in many African home we all know what is expected next are children. And I know in my heart and I keep telling myself that everything is in God's hands. I pray about it and like a child,i whisper about it telling it like a secret.

But the pain, it's here. It fills me up and some days I feel I'm drowning in it. It cuts me and I know somewhere inside me, I'm dripping.

I don't want to be empty.
I know your love is here and never going anywhere and I know with it filled inside me, there's no way the pain can see a way through.

Thank you for being you.
Love, Jane.

Facebook: Habdul Archer
Instagram: @archer015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??