LETTER TO ME

LETTER TO ME


She didn’t know if he was listening, but she could tell from his face that there was a lot going on in his mind.
“…you promised to care, to always be there, provide for me and share all you have with me. Yeah, you try. I see most of the things you get for me. But that’s the problem. I see the things, not you. I thought you wanted this, wanted me? It’s hard to say I’m in a relationship if I feel alone. Do you understand what I’m saying”?

Jane saw a faint nod, but no words. He’s still processing. She continued.

“It’s been a year and five months, Arnold. And I can’t say that I feel more secure in your love now than I was a year ago. And I fear with you, it’s going to be that way for a long time. That’s why…” she paused, unsure if she should finish the thought or not.

Lord, give me strength, she prayed.

“That’s why I think we should take a break. Until you’re certain that you want this. That you’ll commit to it. Just a momentary separation.
----------------------
Malach stood faithfully behind Jane and watched the demons toy with Arnold’s mind. He wished there was something he could do. But the Archangel Michael hadn’t cleared him to engage.
For now, Jane was his charge.
-------------------
Arnold shook his head to try and shake off the thoughts in his head. What was she talking about? He got her the apartment she lived in, he moved her from the dorm. He was more handsome than most guys around, what else did she want? Didn’t money answer all of a lady’s problems? Why was she demanding more? Talking about love and commitment and all that. He was committed, of course.

Committed to paying her bills, making sure he took her to all the best places, and he had refused advances from other ladies, especially Sharon. So what did she want?

“What do you want me to do”? He finally asked. His voice sounded a bit darker. He felt like something else was speaking through him.

Jane was perplexed. What did she want? Had he listened to a word she said? All a lady wanted – all THIS lady wanted – was a little more effort in loving her. Not the gifts and the flashy things.

She wasn’t looking to become another one of his ‘fine things’. She wanted love, and a bit more attention would be nice. How could she make him understand?

“Arnold, I want more. More than the gifts and expensive restaurants, and…”

“Let me just stop you right there” Arnold was fuming and breathing heavily. He balled his fists and bit his lower lip.
--------------------
Malach unfolded his arms and clutched his sword. What was this ugly steam filled demon doing here? He had fought Anger before many times, and won. But that made Anger all the more vexed.

“Hello Malach” He grinned and fumes came out of his nostrils. He was a like a hideous looking chimney.

“Go ahead then. Draw your sword. Nothing will give me greater pleasure".

Malch balled his fists and took a step forward. He looked at Jane, if only she knew she wasn’t talking to Arnold this moment.

He looked up at Anger again. One punch and he would send him flying across the room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??