LIFE WITH REE


Hello wonderful people of TTB, it’s your off and on girl like Nepa lol, I’m sorry but this adult life be doing the most to me , it’s the end of the financial year at the office so work has been extra hard, I always come home tired, I have nothing in my head but numbers and we all know that alphabets and numbers do not mix but I have found this series that I began a while ago and I’m just going to share it for the next few weeks so you people don’t forget me completely ( I know some people have already, Smh). So, Enjoy I guess lol
My Butterfly story
The butterfly is a fascinating insect, from it's birth to it's grown adult stage, every phase in the life and growth of a butterfly is a magical one. Just like my life, every stage in my life has different battles and I always end up victorious, this is my butterfly story
I grew up in the village, but I had always been a city girl (how's that possible? I hear) I always dreamed of being in the city, I always acted like I was from the city, people in my little village, my parents inclusive thought I was crazy and lazy, because I refused to do farm work because according to me "I can't get my city hands dirty", I always told my only brother stories about the city, cities I have never been to, all I had were my imaginations and the sketches from the books I read . He would listen with so much attention and laugh at my funny stories, he was only 2, he couldn't call me crazy .
One day my father decided he had enough of my wild dreams and would take it no more, he dragged me to the farm, wiping me with the thin tree branches he cut , I screamed and screamed for help but all the passer bys were saying was " ehen, good thing o Mba, no make this girl no go fit do anything for husband house, drag am well well" as if fuelling my father’s anger, he would after such statements flog me even harder with the cane, by the time we got to the farm I was bleeding on my back , thirsty and unwilling to do any work, twice or thrice I pretended to faint but I couldn't pretend for more than 3 minutes as I couldn't hold my breath for long, I sat with my cutlass and was cutting lazily when I saw the tiny beautiful creature pass, slowly it passed obviously taking no notice of me, it wriggled and moved with deliberate steps " so beautiful" I murmured as I picked it up and began to stroke its back
" Chineke!!!!" I heard my father yell,
" Nne, drop that thing down this moment, don't you see that's a very poisonous snake " he answered with fear in his eyes and his hands on his head
Why are you being so dramatic, I said to myself " "it is not a poisonous snake papa, its very beautiful" I say holding the snake to my neck
"Haaaaaaaaaa!!!!!" I shouted out as I felt the snake dig his teeth deep into my neck, I panicked and tried to throw it down, but the snake clinged to me for dear life and bit my hands too
"Chinke, nyere m ka oooooo" I yelled as I began to jump up trying to let the snake get off me.
I woke up 7 days later at the medicine's man hut , my father vowed never to take me to the farm again
" City girl you want , city girl you shall be " was what he told me when I woke up and immediately he sent for his brother in lagos to come and take me to the city .
I almost went mad with joy, I broke my saving box and went to the market to buy myself new clothes for the city, we had only one store where I could get city clothes from and when I got there he was almost closing, and all my money could buy was one jeans and that was my only jeans for 3 years.
   



A/N; Very short, I know but watch out for longer episodes…..kisses and remember to share
I love you but Jesus loves you more guys

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??