LETTER TO ME: ON MATURITY........


LETTER TO ME

ON MATURITY...

Dear Me,

How are you and I hope you are feeling well? How's this weather treating you? 😩. With the way it's going, I doubt any one would think another mad, if one just pulled one's shirt. Just to let you know, I wasn't made for this weather. I'm leaving Nigeria, I'm going to Abuja. 🀣

Anyways, today, I want to share on maturity. Last week, I had a simple task to carry out at home. The "head of house" aka Dad, πŸ˜‚ gave the instruction. As I did it, an older person in the house, insisted I was doing it all wrong. I insisted I wasn't wrong, only doing it differently 🀷‍♂. But this older person insisted. I was mad and so left it to the person.

And then a thought just dropped into my mind. This maturity thing is not by tighting the world to your chest πŸ˜‚. You know what I'm trying to say. Sometimes maturity is not by insistence on your way. Sometimes maturity concedes so other people's ideas can breathe.

It's only an immature person that insists on "me", "my" and "mine". I'm not saying that older person was immature (ok, maybe I am).  But maturity concedes, accepts others, even if they may be wrong. Perspective may just be the issue. Plus, our way of processing things are different (including this letter).  That's why they said someone was smelling nice and she got mad πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†.

All I'm saying, learn to accept the fact that people's opinions would always be different from yours. That way, it doesn't feel like you're forcing yours down their throats.

I hope you understood this letter. You should write me next week. I'll be glad to hear from you. Have a great rest of the week.

PS: You smell nice.

Love,
Nathan.

Post by: Shaibu Nathaniel Omeiza
Email: neightanshaibu@gmail.com
Facebook: Nathan Omeiza Adinoyi
IG: @neightan_

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??