ALKALI AMANA'S BOARD: Arewa love


6

I smile now as I remember this part, a nostalgic curve up my lips. We had had hope, real hope of escape. I watch a ray from the sun hit my enclave, the little room I call home now. I push the plates aside and say a little prayer for my soul. I wish to bear this, more for everything that has happened. I return to my thoughts.

We made our way through the paths, known roads we were used to.
"Mu dan jira anan" We stopped "We will soon get a car"
"Khalid, I'm scared " She drew close and hugged me
"Don't be" I encouraged her.
We saw a car coming and I waved. It readily came to a stop. I saw it when it got closer. The blue colour, tinted glasses, a modeled Honda almost everyone knew because of its owner. Three men jumped out immediately and pounced on me. They tore Farida away from my hands and pummeled me for some time. As I lay writhing on the ground, I saw a stature I knew very well drop down from the front Passenger's seat.
"You will learn not to play with another man's treasure" Alhaji Umar said with some jest. He kicked me.
"Mu tafi" He gave the order and I was left lying in a cloud of dust.


👤: Alkali Amana

IG: Alkaliamana
FB: Alkaliamana
Email: alkaliamana@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??