HAMZ MUSINGS:IF MY KIDS GET TO READ THIS. (A muse into the future)


IF MY KIDS GET TO READ THIS. (A muse into the future)
by Hamz.


If my kids get to read this...

I hope it will be in a country where mother-tongue will not be placed above father-land
I hope it will be in a country where we have moved beyond mere tolerance to genuine appreciation.
I hope it will be a country where the gap between the rich and poor isn't so wide
and intraversable.
I hope it will be in a country where true and real integrity occupies our political offices and dishonesty is a plague.


If my kids get to read this...

I hope it will be in a country where fishes aren't killed in oil-polluted rivers and people have to row farther only to catch less.
I hope it will be in a country where families don't gather around empty bowls to the rumbling sounds of hunger in their bellies.
I hope it will be in a country where kids don't get to yell at fathers, "WHY DID YOU GIVE BIRTH TO ME IF YOU COULDN'T TAKE CARE OF ME?!"
I hope it will be in a country where values are taught in the family and parents aren't too busy pursuing elusive wealth or dying trying


If my kids get to read this...

I hope they will not be discourage to go to school on the basis of how warp our educational sector is.
I hope they won't have to weep because mother was hit and killed by a car on the road while hawking to send them to school.
I hope children of his time won't know what it means to carry 'pure water' and race after vehicles at risk of limb and life just to keep body and soul together.
I hope children of his time would be able to glow academically because their uniforms won't have patches and tears and teachers passionately infuse in them honesty, integrity, greatness in addition to knowledge


If my kids get to read this...

I hope they won't grow into bitter youth who cart away ballot boxes and shoot at other youth because of bitterness and manipulation.
I hope they don't grow into youth hiding behind guns to hurt people and show anger at a failed state.
I hope they wouldn't have to leave school and take up crime.
I hope they grow into youth who can actively and lucratively engage their minds rather than queue up on endless lines looking for phantom jobs.


If my kids get to read this...

I hope they meet kids from around the world in their classrooms because their schools are the best in the world and people troop in from around the globe to learn in Nigeria.
I hope the certificates they get from schools won't be paper testaments to empty heads but certificates that would be globally admired and accepted.
I hope they would only get to read about 'strikes' and 'teacher/lecturer industrial action' in newspapers of yesteryears.
I hope their schools won't be churning out job-seekers but opportunity creators.


If my kids get to read this...

I hope they grow into men and women of authority and integrity in the global business place, respected and trusted BECAUSE they are Nigerians.
I hope they will be the 'foreign investors' clamored for in other nations.
I hope they would build organisations not fuelled by greed but by service to mankind, business empires that will long outlive them
I hope they won't be concerned as much about monetary riches as they would be about influential 'reaches'


If my kids get to read this...

I hope they diligently have to look for this very post because facebook would be obsolete; replaced by several social networking sites- Nigerian by origin, Global by quality.
I hope they would export technology to other parts of the world.
I hope they would be such great scientists that in decades to come, the names of inventors in Physics, Chemistry, Biology textbooks would be Dele's, Musa's, Chinedu's, , Udoh's, Asuku's etc

If my kids get to read this...

I hope they would have made Nigeria the center of the world


When my kids get to read this... I hope they don't believe I wrote this because what they see in their Nigeria will be totally different from what obtains in this present Nigeria.

 All rights reserved.
 ©HamzWrites
Photo Credit: Barnabas Onoja

Connect with me on>>>>
Facebook: Esoteric Hamz
Twitter: @Hamson_Skillz
Mobile:08129225790

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??