VOCABULARY BUILDING WITH STEPHANIE:( Something New)


Good day TTB followers and welcome to Vocabulary Building with ME(Stephanie).

Usually we explore words from weird,  to archaic, to long and short, simple and complex, to even slang words. 
Today  though, we'll do something a bit different.
So I was searching the internet last year for something I no longer remember and I stumbled on a poem titled "Words gave me wings" by Faith Ubido. I just extracted two stanzas and I felt like sharing.

"See my words growing wings it changes situations .
You know, when I speak in
simple harmonic motion – my words cut deep like a chain saw in action,
either causing harm or diluting aggravation, migrating population sometimes...

Before una say something make una think am TWICE because,
The tin wey  u say – it fit just come alive and make you or break you, maybe just change you.
See words gives you wings,
And wings are meant to fly,
But you don’t have to fly like a baby butterfly,
All you suppose do na speak
And remember words gives you wings".

Words are stronger and do more than we think, let's build our vocabularies and know what and what not to say.

Post by: Osaruyi Stephanie Aiseosa
Facebook: Stephanie Aiseosa Osaruyi
Instagram: stephanieonette_
Twitter: Osaruyi Stephanie Aiseosa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??