TARDY REVIEWER: LION HEART MOVIE REVIEW


LIONHEART
Release Date: September 7th 2018 (I am the tardy reviewer after all)
Lionheart is a movie about a family business almost crumbling to nothing after the CEO Chief Ernest Obiagu played by Pete Edochie made an unguarded decision, leaving the company in great debt. Unable to do anything partly due to his bad health and financial state. He sends in his brother Chief Godswill played by Nkem Owoh to perform damage control to the disappointment of his daughter Adaeze. In the end she would have had it no other way as his unorthodox strategies and no nonsense yet comical approach to the challenges encountered yields results and keeps her from losing her mind. The introduction of Alhaji Maikano and his son was a subtle hint at the need for unity between us all as Nigerians regardless of our location on the map. The budding romance between Adaeze and the Northerner was so mild and a minute part of the movie that made me appreciate the movie's maturity. Not because I am not a hopeless romantic but they are a thousand and one romantic movies out there why make this one another fantastic tale of stolen kisses when our women need to be motivated and empowered to hold their shoulders high and achieve their dreams with form fitting colorful dresses and high heels. I would rate this movie on a scale of 1-10, 8 for production quality and a daring story well told.
And well Lionheart led me down a nostalgic path,  not just because the story was carefully scripted to motivate and inspire but because the cast list was like a guest list of a Nollywood reunion. From Pete Edochie to Gerbrudaya I rejoiced whenever I saw a veteran.
Now to the movie itself. I think the beginning was a little dull for an action scene. I have seen thugs do immense damage for something as insignificant as N50 change and for Genevieve to just saunter in and diffuse the situation like that left me wondering. But afterwards I had no complaints. The dialogues were believable and everyone interpreted their roles properly including the music artistes transitioning into a new territory. If they had used another set of cast maybe, emphasis on maybe the movie would have just been another nice Nollywood production. There's nothing like old Nollywood to make a movie thick and show new Nollywood how its done.
Post By; Grace David
@graycee_david

Comments

  1. A nice one ...keep it up,I might just be lucky 08159425709 abeligono99@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. I too enjoyed the movie. 07034825493. itzanointing@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??