LETTER TO ME: A CANDID REVIEW OF THE TITANIC!!

Dear Me,

This is always the boring part of the letter, because I don't know what pleasantries to make. Lol. But how are you? Good? I hope so

Anyway, so last night, for no particular reason, I decided to watch The Titanic all over again. The story of perhaps the first passenger ship ever made and it's unfortunate incident with the iceberg.

As I watched, I got angrier. First, with the billionaire who sponsored it's building and design. I mean, why did he have to go and dare God and say He couldn't sink it? Knowing it was the first voyage carrying over 2k passengers, he should have kept his mouth shut.

And then this same man, asked the captain to fire all engines because he wanted to arrive before time and make headlines. If it wasn't for it's speed (against the earlier schedule of just four engines), Titanic would have slowed in time to dodge the iceberg that was it's doom.

And I was mad at Rose. My God, even Jack told her she was stupid. I mean, you're on a boat, headed for safety. And then, you risk all that to get back on the sinking ship. Making the poor boy who would have been able to swim to your boat, go back down the ship to save you and die in the end. Love be damned, I was so pissed at her stupidity. But as always, I learnt a few

1) When you're blessed with success, nna, don't get cocky. "Humbility" is key. Don't become so pride full, you challenge your creator. You could very well be setting yourself up for disaster, as well as those whose lives and destinies are attached to yours. Imagine the number of those who died 'cause he had a loud mouth. Learn to keep your mouth shut.

2) Speed is good, but as I once learnt in music school, efficiency is better. Be patient. Where you are going, you'll eventually reach. Besides, taking time to arrive, saves you from possible troubles. Icebergs if you will. You can dodge them faster if you're not over speeding. Take your time. You'll still make headlines, no matter how small the station that carries the news.

3) Forget what I said. Love isn't love, if it doesn't sacrifice. And it isn't sacrifice if it doesn't hurt you just a little. I'm not saying the ultimate sacrifice is the one and only way to show love. There are many ways. I'm only saying that true love is always giving something that costs the giver. Jack gave his life for Rose, for you, it might be giving all the money in your account. Lol

So though I got angry, I  learnt these. Wherever you are, whatever you do, unlearn, learn again and learn afresh, even from a seemingly old movie. They do say Old is Gold anyway. Always open up yourself to learning.


My dear DEAR ME, as elections approach, be more careful when you go out. Does it suck that things are this way in our country? Yes. Should you be reckless? No. I don't know what I'd do if something happens to you. Until next week, take care.

Love, Nathan

Post by: Shaibu Nathaniel Omeiza
IG: @neightan_official
Facebook: Adinoyi Omeiza Nathan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??