PARADIGM: Burned (A Series)


Paradigm with Rygles
Burned

Maria mutters under her breath to Chi, "The troubles you get me into. Why don't you join me today, you little snake?" Chi chuckles, "Well you asked for it, don't blame me if we end up in the sack, although I have been curious about what happens in the sack." She winks at Maria who groans. Chi looks at the Visier approaching them, "Sir, I can help you with that, we were just wondering about how many months pregnant one has to be to match the size of your stomach, Maria here had the opinion it would take about 7 months, but I think and this is just a thought, 10 months, I mean you can carry twins in the..." The visier slaps Chi and Maria sighs, she is already in trouble, what's the point of being tight lipped? "Sir,  you asked and she answered and quite honestly we were talking about your great taste in fashion, no one can quite pull of cruel as you do" she takes a pause before adding "sir", the Visier looks ready to burst, and is astonished by their guts, he stares at them for a moment, "Sir, are you okay?  There's a vein I think that's about to pop, right here." Maria points to her Forehead and Chi chuckles, there are murmurs and silent laughs everywhere. The Visier smiles mischievously, "Since you two are so funny, the sack could use a little humor, I've heard it's getting really bleak in there." There were gasps everywhere on the assembly, Maria and Chi, trying to look undisturbed but really scared, Chi shrugs and Maria smiles, refusing to give the Visier any more satisfaction., "I guess it's time for a change of location, I was getting bored anyways."
"We'll see what you have to say to that after spending 6 months in there." He beckons to the soldiers to take them away. Maria looks at her mother, whose face is in agony, "Mama don't cry, I'm really sorry, I promise I'll survive." She hugs her mother before she's pulled along with Chi and taken to the transport that'll take them to the sack.
Maria and Chi are bound together and are being transported  to the sack." Do you think the sack is as bad as they say? I mean, they say no one survives there and people eat other people there, and girls have to sell their body for protection, it is even said that every 14 days, the fire comes from the volcano and burns every one to crisp for being bad and not following the rules of the ministry, they.... " "Chi, relax, breathe in and out, you are getting hysterical, I'm sure it's not as bad as they say, rumors are usually worse than the real thing, you remember when people said your father sucked the blood of innocent children and that's why he has red lips, see turns out that your father sucks his lips a lot." Chi laughs, "Nobody ever said that and you are terrible at pep talks,  why on earth did you have laugh out loud? You could have smiled under your breath, or better still have chosen not to laugh." Maria rolls her eyes, "Wow, so this is my fault now? You didn't have to join me. For just laughing, I could have been given 12 strokes of the whip, rendered and apology and promise to be good to the ministry, you were the one that decided to go all out and call him a pig." Chi tries to look at her but impossible to since they are bound with their backs together, "I never said no such thing, I just described him. I mean seriously, what on earth does he eat that his stomach keeps growing?" Maria laughs, "I know, right?!! We barely have enough to eat yet people like him eat and feed their pets with what we can't even afford. It's disgusting, really." Chi sighs in resignation, "There is no justice in the world anymore, for just talking, we are sent to where murderers and people who commit the worst crimes are sent to, do you think we will survive the sack? No one ever comes out alive after their term." Maria says spiritedly, "We have to, we just have to, we have no choice but to survive."
"With my sass and your cleverness, sure we can survive a den of cannibals, rapist, murderers and hugs knows what else." "I know you are being sarcastic Chi but we will, I promise you and yes, I know, don't make promises you can't keep, I intend to keep this one." The transport stops, Chi and Maria are unbound and blindfolded. The soldier in charge of their punishment says, "Advice for you two, if you want to survive there and I'm not saying you will, keep your head down, and run from wherever there's trouble." Then he pushes them into a tunnel and locks them the gateway.
Maria and Chi removes the blindfolds,Chi says in a whisper, "It's so dark in here." Maria looks around, "Look at that light over there, I think that's the way to wherever." She starts to move in that direction, "Wait, we don't know what's waiting there, I think we are safe where we are." A sinister laughter is heard, the girls scream and try to run, some men come out from the shadows, "Not so fast," the one that seemed like their leader says.


We'll continue this same time next week, have a beautiful week!!!

Name: Glory Eric
Gmail: rygleserik@gmail.com
Facebook: Glory Eric
Twitter: Rygleserik
Instagram: Rygles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??