OPENED MY EYES: I NEED YOU


I Need You

Heyy folks! It's been ages hasn't it?. I hope you missed me and longed to hear from me again.

I'm struggling. I've been struggling for some time now. We feel bad when we admit this and people often pity others when they hear those words "I'm struggling". Honestly struggle is a good thing. It means we want more! We are tired of the status quo.

I'm tired! So very tired! It's been a long week, I've barely prayed, I feel like my fasts were hunger strikes and nothing more because I feel my week was devoid of God's presence.

I've fallen. Some old battles against the flesh, battles I thought I had long won have resurfaced and I was not as strong as I thought, not as strong as I hoped. I have fallen BUT I CHOOSE to get right back up again.

As we go through life, it's more than likely that we are in all of these situations at one time or the other and that's if you're "lucky". More often than not, It's two of these at least per time. That's not just a generic list of stuff people go through. It's been my reality all week.

I honestly feel like my love for God is dying or dead, like I cannot continue. Today I literally prayed "Lord help me love you because I do not feel like I love you" and He reminded me "Love is a decision not just an emotion or feeling". Today my eyes were reopened. I will not be governed by feelings. I will not be ruled by my emotions for I am a son of the Most High and I rule my emotions.

So this is me reaching out to everyone who feels overwhelmed at this time by guilt, stress, inadequacy and just you name it. Jesus will never stop loving you o. There's no shadow He won't light up, mountain He won't climb up coming after you. If you are saying "I don't know how to go to God, where do I go?" , just say "I need you Lord " and stay right where you are. He'll come find you.

Have a blessed week.

Post by: Ayomide Nathaniel Adebanji
IG & Twitter: @nathanbanji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??