ARTEFACTS


Artefacts:

Poem of the week

MY FIRST GRAFFITI
Once I wrote a graffiti
For a girl in my vicinity
Beside a small stream that flowed
Along the western midland coast.

I visited it everyday I lived
To ensure it grew and breathed
So one day I'd show it to my girl
To create awareness before I confessed.

The graffiti was a design of words
Exquisitely done, I so much adored
It's beauty, comeliness and class
I waited as nights came, days passed.

Then on a very cool day
I saw her again in her usual majesty
The trees bent under the influence of the breeze, she sashayed.
Until finally, I took her to where I'd done the graffiti.

The ambience of the stream gave good vibes
I discovered instantly a flash in her eyes
As she saw the design on the ground
Her mouths searched for words and fortunately found.

The words made echoes as she read
"To you with love from me, I seek not just time and care.
But, together, forever, achieve our dreams.
And live peacefully in heavenly bliss'.

Even the trees had listened to her speak
They swirled and danced as she pronounced each word with ease
The stream was another notable witness
It's flow as she spoke became intense.

She then gave a very beautiful smile
And everywhere became so ravishing
So much that I forgot myself for a while
Every thought I carried temporarily vanishing.


Poem by Aj Maverick

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??