BROTHER/SISTER'S KEEPER? REALLY? : Opened My Eyes


Brother/Sister's Keeper? Really?

Heyy there once again. Great to have you in this corner. I trust you had a lovely week and weekend.

Today we talk about a responsibility most Christians have forgotten about: "looking out for one another". In other words, we have forgotten about being our brethren's keeper.

Now being your brother's (or sister's) keeper is twofold. On one end there's watching out for possible threats or danger and warning them and there's ensuring you are not the source of harm.

Generally, people neglect both sides these days but moreso "part 2".  We often fail to consider how our actions rub off on our fellow men and women and this is very dangerous for all of us.

What made me write this? You may call it one-sided but I have been extremely disturbed by the rate at which ladies not only display body parts that were in the "good" days deemed private with reckless abandon and even go further to justify it by saying "it's my body, I'll wear what I want". It breaks my heart when I hear or read that.

"It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother or sister to fall.  So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the one who does not condemn himself by what he approves."
Romans 14:21‭-‬22 NIV

You have the "right" to do as you please with your body or your social media pages but how does that affect the people around you? Does it edify them? Does it motivate and encourage people to do what God would approve of? Or does it make their struggles stronger and harder to overcome?

We MUST WATCH WHAT WE DO ESPECIALLY AS IT AFFECTS OTHERS. So to my sisters, it may seem one-sided today but please dress decently if for no other reason, for the reason that it helps your brothers. God bless us all.
Post by: Nathaniel Adebanji
Facebook: Ayomide Nathaniel Adebanji
IG & Twitter: nathanbanji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??