THE RUSH : Hamz Musings


THE RUSH


Good day leaders of thought and welcome on board to Hamz's Musings once again after my short hiatus from here.
Today, Let's   talk about  PASSION, shall we?

Before we continue, let me ask you this, "What is your passion?
What do you enjoy doing, and so well too?

If I handed over a microphone to you to speak to an audience non-stop for an hour, without preparation, what would your topic be?


If you spend more than 60 seconds answering these questions you should be celebrating your eighth birthday soon. Congratulations.

If a definite reply doesn't come to mind even after 60 seconds, you're most likely aimlessly avoyage in the vast ocean of life, bobbing with the swells and tides, at the mercy of the elements, anchorless and in dire need for direction.

If your replies to these three questions are various non-iterative answers, you may be running a hundred miles an hour in the wrong direction.

If, instead of thinking on the answers, you're thinking how arrogant I am in my assertions, I am truly sorry. I do this as a wake up call. Please do you the favour of answering the questions.

It occurred to me sometime ago, that in this part of the world, many are locked up in the basest primal drive, the lowest in Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs- the struggle for survival. Drudgery is a way of life and aestheticisms of life are reserved for the TV screen, glossy gossip tabloids, magazines and fantastic stories of yonder wonderlands. Sixty-year old men with bent backs, athritic bones, who couldn't hurt a fly if they wanted to, employed as 'securitymen'. Grey-crowned women carrying headpans of cement up and down construction sites. Disillusioned students who complain about their course of study like they were under a life sentence to do it. Frustrated professionals who are 'successful' but unhappy and unfulfilled. People whose hearts have forgotten what it means to smile and whose lips are stapled with plastic grins. Locked in an eternal scream that no one hears... I committed myself to great thought. How? Why?

Many answers came. One of them is the subject of this post.

I discovered that a majority of these people (some of whom I went out of my way to meet and question) were light years aways from their answers to these above questions.

They either didn't know the answers, hadn't given them any thought or they knew the answers but weren't doing them.
Let me say here, without the slightest equivocation, that it is possible to be outside purpose and be tagged 'successful' by the world's standards. But no one ever finds fulfillment outside purpose.

I also state unequivocally, that it is IMPOSSIBLE to be inside purpose and suffer. No way! You might experience pain. Let me rephrase that. You WILL experience pain. But in purpose, even with the occasional despair, you will always find a way if you look and try again in a better way.

'Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.' ~ Dalai Lama

And one way to find purpose is to find passion.

What gives you THE RUSH? What gives you this breathless, exhilirating feeling anytime you do it? If you had all the money in the world and never had to work, what would you spend the rest of your life doing that will give you satisfaction?
I know that those with a keen mind would see the inadequacy of this question alone as a definite pointer to purpose, so in my book, I devised and shared what I named 'The 4-Way Test of Purpose'.
But for the purpose of this, let us restrict ourselves to this question.
Find the answer(s) and you're on the right track.

My next question is,
Are you delivering the Sweat Equity needed to mould passion into skills?

My friend, if you haven't got the answers, in the name of all that's sacred to you, please find them at whatever costs! For what's a life without purpose?

If you have the answers but are not in your line, do all it takes to experience that life SHIFT as soon as possible.

If you are already running with your vision... Congratulations.

In that place of purposeful men and women... I hope to see you.
©HamzWrites
All Rights Reserved


Connect with me on >>>>>>>>
Facebook: Esoteric Hamz
Twitter: @Hamson_Skills
Instagram: @Hamsonskills1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??