SOPHIE TALKS - GRATEFUL HEART

Grateful Heart!

Hello TellRhodians!! Happy New Month y'all. I presume the first half ended on a bright note. Mine did and I can't wait to share my experience with you but today I'll be narrating a hint I got from a friend over the weekend.

Let's call her Sophia! I paid her a visit last weekend having not seen her in a while (work's got the best of her). We caught up on missed gists, laughed over the weird things we did in the course of the month and lamented on the tragic events that ensued in the "Centre of Excellence" and "The Home Of Peace and Tourism". In a bid to relieve us from the drain it had ingested to our countenance, I decided to lighten up the convo and inquired about her job. To my amazement, she responded amidst smiles, that she had been laid off. I was thrown aback and asked how she was holding up. Her exact words were "Nikki, just yesterday lifes were lost to a fire outbreak. These folks had their week all planned out I presume but today they're no more. I bet if there was to be a trade off they'd take it without contemplating. Why then should feelings of grief engulf me when I've got the pricest of treasures - breath!"

Her response sparked a million and one reasons why I needed to be grateful. She continued: "I requested for a change of job, God granted me. It may not seem like the desired answer I expected but I believe nothing just happens. Before I worry myself sick, I'm reminded that the occurrences could have been in any location and it could been me.
The fact I'm breathing, with or without a job, is reason enough to chin up, be grateful and live hopeful.

Are you going through dark seasons? No amount of worry can alleviate it. Depression is the last place you wanna be (take it from someone who's been there). You've got life, you've got it all. May their souls rest in peace.

FB - Nkiruka Courage
IG - nkcourage
Tweet @nk_courage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??