LETTER 2 ME : POWERFUL LESSONS


Dear Nathan,

Must be a joy for you to see a letter from me after all this time. I can't tell you how much of a joy it is reading your letters. Seems like only yesterday we were boys and now "you are teaching me, what do you know"? (In T'Challa's voice). I sometimes wish i could come see you, but you and I know the state of the country. Traveling is not so safe anymore.

Anyway, since you have written to so many letters to me, i decided to reply this time. I'm Ok, by the way. Although I'm still weeping over my dead friends in Plateau and Benue states. I hope their families are comforted. Its in times like these, that we begin to reflect and ponder what life truly is worth. I'd say its not worth much anymore (seeing as cows can't be harmed, but its okay to take lives of defenseless people. Cowards, all of them).

As i was saying, it leaves you wondering what's truly important in life. I once heard a preacher say that for a dying man, what matters is the relationships he has had prior to the time of his dying. He begins to worry what will become of his wife, his children. Was he good to people, did he do right by all? And that's interesting. I should think land and wealth matters. I suppose what matters then is those you leave them to.

Sadly, our generation is so narcissistic, we hardly take note of those around us. You know why most people wanna just end their lives? (I'll tell you, but you won't like it). It's because NO ONE CARES. There, I said it.

No one really cares. Everyone is so bisy chasing paper, we couldn't care less about the people who print them. If I asked you the last time you spoke with everyone of your friends, would you rack your brain to remember, or would you be able to name names, and time and date of when y'all last spoke? Selah.

The irony is, we don't care about the people we should, because we care about those we shouldn't. I'll explain. Our phones are some pretty good tools, but they are damning us. Rather than care for our loved ones with them, we want to know which celebrity won what award at the BETs, what they wore, which one of them is still the most eligible bachelor or bachelorette. And on a sad note, we care about the baby boy who got drowned in his father's pool. Rest his blessed soul. And we cover it all up with the excuse of "Its important to know things these days". Yet, we know nothing (Jon Snow), of our closest friends and relatives. Sad

I hope that for all our sakes, we don't start caring when we are dying and can really do nothing to make up for lost time. Let me stop ranting now. I guess I'm lucky you check on me, time to time.

Oh, I'm sorry about our crash out of the World Cup. Don't feel so bad, I hear Germany is out too. Alongside all other African teams. Well, you can now support our Aba boys. At least they lost nothing when they made 2k jerseys. Lol. Talk to you again soon, brother. I await your next letter. It should be interesting. Be good.

Love,
Me
Post By: Nathaniel Shaibu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??