Alkali Amana's board- The Drunkard part 2


Hello readers, sit tight for the final lap.....

*******************
THE DRUNKARD 2 (continued from last week)

He was fully in his senses when he reached Paulina's shop. It was locked. He felt like sinking into the ground beneath him. The figure caught up and was walking towards him menacingly, the deep guttural sound still permeating through his terror stricken heart. So this is the end, his heart raced wildly and he could feel his body drenched all over with sweat while hot urine hung at the tip of his male organ. His wife had warned him on taking 'pami' but he would not listen. His brothers had tried talking to him but he ignored them, and now, here he was awaiting his end, but he had one option, yes, he could try begging for his life.
He jumped to the ground in front of the figure and prostrated, "Please oh, plee..ase don't haa...rrrm me. I promise never to walk in the night again".
The figure reached him and put a foot on his back.
"Plee....aa..se don't kill me, I will never drink again, I promise", he could feel his heart dancing wild and thumping hard against the ground all at once.
"You are stubborn" the figure spoke through the growl and it threatened to tear his heart to pieces.
"No, I am not oh, please, I swear to God almighty" he pressed his head to the ground and protested.
"So many times you have dared to pass that path when it is almost midnight and even the villagers warn you, you boast of not being afraid promising to pass the same path the next day" the voice had gotten more deep and Enemaku felt like fainting.
"I promise, from now on, I will never ever in my entire life pass there again by midnight, even at noon or in the evening"
He felt as the figure let down its foot from his back and he heard the sound fade away into the darkness. He remained there awhile until he couldn't hear anything again except for the shrill cries of the cricket. He stood up and looked about. He was petrified with fear and was not going to go home tonight. He had a cousin who lived close-by. He took to his heels and made for his cousin's house. He banged the door loudly when he got there.
"Who is there?" a male voice thundered from inside the house.
"It is me, Gabriel. Please I beg you, open the door for me" his voice quaked as he spoke. He waited awhile and soon the door latch was freed, and the door opened. He ran inside almost tripping over his surprised cousin. He made for the door and locked with some force.
"What happened?" his bemused cousin asked
"Please give me water before anything else" he requested, ignoring his cousin's question. He panted and crashed to the mud-floored ground.

Somewhere else that night in his hamlet, his wife and his family members were having a fill of laughter listening to the village masquerader who had just come back from pursuing his victim.
Post By:Alkali Amana

Connect more with me:
Facebook : Alkaliamana
Instagram: Alkaliamana
Wattpad: Alkaliamana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??