OPENED MY EYES: Testimonies are key

TESTIMONIES ARE KEY

Good day dear reader! It's a new week and I'm excited to have you here once again. Today we're talking testimonies!!!!!!!

Have you ever asked yourself why we have testimony time in church? If you're the analytical-minded person, you probably have. Well amongst some other things that we grew up to inherit or see as normal, testimonies are super important.

The Bible says
"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."(emphasis added)
Revelation 12:11 KJV

Another angle from which to look at it although with the same conclusion is through a very popular Bible story : The story of (blind) Bartimaeus. By the way, he wasn't blind at the end of that story👀.

"And they came to Jericho: and as he went out of Jericho with his disciples and a great number of people, blind Bartimaeus, the son of Timaeus, sat by the highway side begging.  And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me."
Mark 10:46‭-‬47 KJV

I want you to pay attention to the latter part where it says "and when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth...". When he heard it was Jesus, he began to cry out and when the crowd tried to shush him, he cried louder. Why? He heard it was Jesus of Nazareth.

Now call me crazy but I don't think he would have shouted if that were the first he was hearing of Jesus🤔 but if he had heard of Jesus before, doesn't that mean that someone told him of Jesus and His deeds(testified about Jesus and His deeds)?.

Hmm so somebody's testimony led to someone else's miracle? Doesn't that mean that my testimony can give someone's faith the boost that they need to receive that miracle? Am I not doing God and men alike a disservice by keeping testimonies of God's goodness to myself? These questions are key and all have a common answer, YES.

If you take nothing else away from this post, take this : I must testify to glorify God, shame the devil and encourage my brethren.

Have an amazing week. Till next time right here on the TellRhodes blog, I bid you Adieu. Do check out my personal blog and be blessed as well! Blessing is never too much😂😉. https://memoirsofassavedsinner.blogspot.com
Post by:Ayo Nathan

Twitter & IG : @nathanbanji
Facebook: Ayomide Nathaniel Adebanji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??