OPENED MY EYES:DON'T LOOK DOWN ON OFFERING

DON'T LOOK DOWN ON OFFERINGS

Hallo! I hope you're doing very well. Welcome once again to "Opened My Eyes" with yours truly.

We live in a world where some people  feel offerings and tithes are talked about almost every other sermon which is far too often in their eyes ๐Ÿ‘€. In the defence of the church, money is needed to make things happen ๐Ÿ‘€ and they actually don't mention money matters  that often (at least not where I worship ๐Ÿ‘€).

What's the big deal about tithes and offerings anyway? I'll tell you! They are ways in which we honour God with our substance in demonstration of our love for Him because He first loved us.

I don't know about you but growing up, collecting "offering money" from my parents was a ritual I observed even without deep understanding. I just knew "offering time, blessing time" and then eventually "investment time".

For me, I felt good every time I had an offering to give and even moreso when it was sizeable. This of course meant that whenever I didn't have or have much, I was downcast. I'm sure some of us have that sort of thinking embedded in our subconscious minds.

Well I'm here to tell/remind you today that what you give is not nearly as important as how you give it and how much you give not nearly as important as how much it costs you.

Why do I say this? Jesus said it in another way when he observed a widow drop her own offering in the temple after some rich folks. He said to his disciples that she had outgiven them. Haa!!!! The poor woman outgave the  rich people? Well maybe not in absolute terms but certainly in relative terms. She gave of the little that she had, ALL while the rich gave out of their abundance.

David also declined giving God an offering at no cost to himself. He said he would not give to God that which cost him nothing.

I want you, when next you decide to give to examine your offering and hear what it says to God about how grateful you are. Nobody's asking you to take your salary or house rent(๐Ÿ™†‍♂️) and drop it all on thanksgiving Sunday but have a lot more respect for the offerings you bring to God's house and for Him. Please no more torn money or looking for money that can't buy sweet to give my Father. Thank you in advance๐Ÿ˜‰. God bless you

Post By:Nathaniel Adebanji
IG & Twitter : @Nathanbanji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??