Opened My Eyes - Rest


 R E S T


Heyy there! Before you lies the first post on my "spiritual" segment "Opened my Eyes". It is no accident that you are reading this and I believe you'll subscribe and always be blessed by the posts on here.

R E S T. When that word comes to mind, the tendency is to think of a time or period to relax from work or labour(which isn't inaccurate). The deeper ones may think of rest in the context of passing to the other side of eternity(which is also correct).

So far you've seen R E S T from the physical angle and even a somewhat spirtual angle. What I've never come across is a definition that links the two. Why is this? I'll tell you.

There is an erroneous belief in the needful separation of physical and spiritual, secular and sacred along all lines but this isn't how God designed things. The spiritual affects the physical just like the physical influences to an extent, the spiritual.

"Ahhh!!! Brother my pastor  said the spiritual is what affects the physical🙄" Well before you nail me to a cross, hear me out. I'm saying that what happens to you in the physical(your body) affects the spiritual(your spirit).

To put a little perspective on this and link it to R E S T, I'll share a personal experience(as I'm likely to do a lot in the future😉).

Recently I was very tired(physically) and I found somehow that I was unable to pray as I wanted to or even study my Bible. Was I backsliding? One may say yes but wrongly so. I was burned out. My physical fatigue affected my spiritual fervour because believe it or not, your body is the medium through which you( your spiritman a.k.a the real you) relates with the physical realm so when that medium is compromised, spiritual functionality is jeopardized.

Take home from this post? Your body and spirit are linked as long as you live; they have common needs albeit conflicting wants; you must rest to function optimally in all spheres of your existence.

God bless You! See you same time, same place, next week. Till then, shalom 😊

IG, Twitter : @nathanbanji
Post by : Ayomide Nathaniel Adebanji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??