FOOD INSPIRATION: TIME TO COOK!!




TRENDING--BAKED PLANTAIN AND EGG FRITATA(NAIJA PIZZA)... WWW.ZEELICIOUSFOODS.COM
So there is this instagram account that always makes me hungry cause of the beautiful meals that the owner posts, and so for our first FOOD INSPIRATION section we will be featuring her.... Her creative baked plantain and egg fritata has been making rounds on social media and believe me its worth the try!!!
I guess most of you are already acquainted with my baked plantain and egg frittata. I got lots of amazing feedback when I posted the recipe few days ago. Some people tried it at home and sent me pictures…I was so delighted to see those pictures and I felt really fulfilled. Some others reached out to me, saying they couldn’t try it because they either don’t have an oven at home or don’t know how to operate one, so they asked if there was any other way the recipe can be created. Before now, I only knew how to make this recipe with an oven, but I promised them I was going to try it out using a frying pan and a gas-cooker.

At first, I was really skeptical about it, but I told myself that I didn’t have anything to loose if it didn’t come out right and I had everything to gain if it did. So I began the experiment and used the creative ability God has given me and the end result was amazing! In my opinion, the gas cooker and frying pan version of the frittata tastes way better than the oven and baking pan version. I must also add that it was a whole lot easier and faster to prepare. So check out the recipe below…I have also attached a video to this post that can serve as a guide as well.
INGREDIENTS

3 ripe plantains
3 table spoons olive oil
½ medium onion, thinly sliced
½ medium red bell pepper, cut in strips
½ medium green bell pepper, cut in strips
½ medium yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
3 garlic cloves
¼ teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon thyme
1 seasoning cube
¼ teaspoon ground pepper
8 large eggs
1 cup chopped sausage
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil for frying the plantain

PROCEDURE
Heat up 2 cups of vegetable oil in a frying pan.
Wash ripe plantain thoroughly and peel off the skin . In a mixing bowl, cut the plantain into preferred shape and size, sprinkle salt to taste and mix thoroughly to combine.
Next gently drop plantain piece after piece into the hot oil but be careful not to over crowd the pan so the temperature of the oil doesn’t drop. Fry on both sides for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
In a skillet, heat up olive oil on medium heat. Sauté onions and garlic for 1 minute.
Next, add tomatoes and leave to simmer for 2 minutes.Then add curry powder, thyme, seasoning cube, ground pepper, sausage and salt to taste. Stir and leave to cook for another 3 minutes on medium heat.Finally, add bell peppers, stir and allow to simmer for 2 minutes, then take off heat and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and add sautéed vegetables, season with salt and pepper if necessary.
Stir to combine.Coat frying pan with cooking spray or melted butter or vegetable oil.
Then pour the egg mixture into the frying pan.
Lay the fried plantain gently on top of the egg mixture and cover the frying pan with a lid and place on low heat, leave to cook for 20 minutes.
It is important that you cover the frying pan with a lid and your heat is set to the lowest so that the frittata dosen’t burn.
From the lid, you can see that the egg mixture is starting to firm up.
When it is completely firmed up, especially in the center, take off the lid and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
When it is completely firmed up, especially in the center, take off the lid and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Testimonies from people who have tried out the baked plantain and egg fritata aka Naija pizza -thank you so much Emmanuel Winifred(CEO ZEELICIOUS FOODS)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??