PARADIGM WITH RYGLES: Burned Episode 3


Chi tilts her head, "I swear, I have never seen anything like that, is it a Lion? Or a dog, a wolf, a snake, oh my God!!! It's hideous, I almo st pity it."
"I think it's a Chimera but really a sort of experiment gone wrong."

The hound growls and leaps at Maria, she jumps but it's too late,  the hound has one of its claws in her stomach. Chi screams and tries to jump to the other side, the cage is shifted again and the splitted part starts to come together, causing the hound to hit the bars of the cage. Chi hurries to Maria and pulls her to the edge, she stands in front of her with the knife in her hands and faces the hound, who stares and glides closer to them.

Maria tries to talk but comes out as a whisper, "Try to stab it's eye." "Easier said than done, which of the eyes? Because I can see more than four on this side, it's really really ugly."
"Any, we can't die here,  not like this, not by a dog thingy." The hound seems to take offense at that and leaps at Chi, at the same time, she jumps to the left and the hound misses her by a bit. It howls really loudly and goes towards Maria. "Common, that's just cowardly, there's a perfectly good human right there." She tries to stand up, she's bleeding, she looks at her blood and smiles sardonically,"I have an idea."

Chi looks at her suspiciously, "I better be good unless we are going to be toast, literally." Maria stumbles, "The blood will distract it, while it's trying to get a taste, I need you to slit the throat or stab its heart." Chi sighs, "There's a serious flaw in your idea, how on earth do I do that?"

"Do I have to explain everything to you? I'm going to be bait. The thing about predators, they tend to have bloodlust at which other senses are focused on the blood, so I'm going to count to three and pull out the claw, I need you to slit it's throat, don't stab it's heart, we don't know where that is located so we can't go wrong with the neck thing, do you understand what I'm saying? My life is literally in your hands."

The hound growls and paces impatiently. Chi sighs and looks at her... "Okay, we have nothing to lose either ways, I want to say just in case we don't make it out alive that I... I think the way you pack your hair is utterly ridiculous."
Maria looks at her incredulously and chuckles, "You are a crazy person."
"Here goes nothing, 1 2 3!" She screams as she pulls out the claw,  the hound leaps for her at the same time she jumps onto its back and stabs its neck, over and over.

The hound tries to get her off its body unsuccessfully, but she holds on determinedly and keeps stabbing a particular point until the hound is weak and down. Immediately, she stands bloody, the hound growls weakly, and Maria takes the knife from her and cuts neatly through the neck.

There's utter silence in the crowd, Chi tries to help Maria stop her bleeding, she's in teaface, Maria we did it, we slayed a hound, stay awake, please stay awake!"

Maria smiles weakly, her cloth completely soaked in her own blood. Chi screams, "Please help us, please I'll do anything, just save her, please save her!!!" That is all Maria sees before slipping out of consciousness.

Chi looks at the man treating Maria's injury, "That's going to scar, I think we can tick beauty queen off her ambition," She says quietly. The doctor looks at her like she's crazy "ha ha ha, you are funny," he says dryly.
"I'll have you know I'm hilarious, Infact I'm so hilarious I could be a comedian."
"Well I'm laughing now, laughing really hard on the inside."

Chi rolls her eyes, "For a doctor, you sure talk a lot." He looks abashed, "I...... I talk a lot, you haven't kept quiet for three seconds since you were both dragged in here."
"Well..... I'm not a doctor,"
"Neither am I child." Chi pauses for a second "wait..... What.....  Then whhhy are you, whaaaaaat?!!"

"Everyone here learns a skill to be useful, while I might not be a doctor professionally, I'm good at stitching people and I'm the only one here that actually agreed to do this so instead of being an ungrateful brat, you should be kissing my feet."
"That's just gross, I mean look at them, when last did you have a bath man? Cleanliness is next to godliness."
"Good for me then since there's nothing godly about this place, you better do well to watch your back and trust nobody." He finishes with Maria and cleans his equipment, putting them in an old portable box.  "I'm done here, she should be up in three hours, Give her water and food, I'll send someone to check on her."

"Thank you, I'm really grateful, I just tend to blabber a lot when I'm scared. Really, Thank you, no one would help but you did, why?" He looks at her and smiles sardonically, "I used to have a daughter like the both of you, she was brave and strong, and that got her killed really quickly, I guess I just wanted to give you two a fighting chance,  we don't have much of those around here," he smiles and leaves the room.

Maria groans, Chi rushes to her side "Where am I? " Chi whispers to her ears "You have been rescued by a prince and he plans on getting married to you and giving you will his kingdom so arise your royal highness." Maria puts her hand on her face, "So I'm in hell apparently." Chi snickers, "How do you figure?"
"Well, you are here again, will I ever be free from you?"
"No, never, unfortunately for you. How are you doing?"  Chi asks.
"It feels like I battled with the devil and lived to talk about it"

"Well...  It was something." Chi smiles brightly "We are alive, we really made it." Maria tries to sit up, Chi helps her rest against the wall, she has a better view of where they are. "This looks cozy, wow, so many locks, who do they think we are?" Chi sighs deeply "Apparently, we are too dangerous." Maria laughs and groans at the pain, Chi gets her a bowl of water, Maria looks at it suspiciously "Do I want to know where that came from?"

"No, you don't." Maria drinks the water till the last drop. Chi chuckles "How are the mighty fallen, from being Sowers to..... being locked up in a sewer, Life is beautiful, don't you think?"
"Half the time, I wonder if you are sane," Maria says to Chi. "That's funny, I think the exact same thing about you." Maria smiles "We are a match made in heaven."

"What's the plan now?" Chi asks Maria, "Why on earth would you think I have a plan,  I've been unconscious for over a day, my brain is foggy, my mind is a mess." Chi rolls her eyes, "It was just a scratch, get over it, since you don't have a plan, let's lay low until you heal up, try not to be too conspicuous, pfffft, forgot that part, that ship has sailed, let's wing it."
"Good, I don't think I can do anything else." Maria lies on Chi's legs, since we don't have a lot to do, tell me the story of how Nigeria became like this" Chi smiles, "You just want to hear me cuss out our past leaders"

"You have to admit, it is entertaining, you get so worked up every time you tell that story." "Shut up and listen."

Post by: Glory Eric
Instagram: rygles
Gmail: rygleserik@gmail.com
Facebook: Glory Eric

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AUTOCARE: TRANSMISSION SYSTEM

ALKALI AMANA’S BOARD: NEW YEAR INSPIRATION

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??