VOICE OF THE WEEK: IKANI DAVID AKA CROSSWORDZ (I have been changed so I will help change the world)
Your Favourite section on the most versatile & informative blog is back, VOICE OF THE WEEK the section where we interview young people who are putting their names on the map and share their stories with you.
And we are returning with a Bang our voice of the week is an amazing light in the spoken words industry, with words that change and impact all those who listen to him the wonderful Ikani David popularly known as Crosswordz !!!!
CROSSWORDZ is a final year student of Kogi State University where he studies Physics. He is a spoken word artiste, a writer, and a public speaker among others
According to him he is a big movie freak, loves to read a lot, listen to music and of cause talk, talk and more talk which I guess is a necessary skill for his c
areer lol, and his most fun activity is writing.
It was in 2014 that he had his first official poetic performance and began this journey.
Talking about what inspired his choice, Mr David being the son of a pastor had always been the one to go talk on stage when a child was needed to do so and has always been a writer. But spoken word poetry which is his art form was inspired by his desire to change the world, one word at a time. He sees so much in the world that needs fixing and thinks what else can he do but speak about it?
So talking about what inspired it, he says "I really feel I can make a change using words. And to be honest, I'd be nothing without poetry so I also do it for the love of the art. "
Watch some of his Viral Spoken Word videos here👇
BREAK OUT audio and video
https://www.naijaolofofo.com/download-video-crosswordz-break-out-spoken-word-poem/
MY DIARY VIDEO
https://youtu.be/kQqcc3C5ZlM
We wanted to learn how he handled not getting the reactions he desired so we asked?I am a very emotional person and hence, I really didn't know how to hide my emotions. I'd break down most times. But over time, I've grown and when I don't get the reaction I desire, I try my best to buy coke, sip it slowly, note my flaws and try to get better.
(After this am definitely buying a bottle of coke too)
Our Visionary voice of the week intends to revolutionize the world especially the entertainment industry and show people you can be hip, pass a message, change the world and preach the gospel.
And for our Extra question we asked him to share something he had never shared before with us and he said...
I used to be a very lonely, sad and depressed person. I've even attempted suicide twice. But poetry, Christ and a lady (I choose not to mention) changed me and since then, i have never been the same.
Wow what an inspiration, we love the change you help others achieve and how you are a great example of that change thank you so much for being a VOICE.
THE TELLRHODES BLOG, CELEBRATES YOU!
Follow him on Social Media
Instagram: @crosswordz
Facebook: Crosswordz David Ikani
Twitter: @Iamcrosswordz
YouTube: Crosswordz TV





It's admirable to see such young talents making a difference and going up in the world
ReplyDeleteCrossword has a unique talent, I've always known there is something special about him from the first time I watched him perform and am convinced he will affect this generation in tremendous ways
ReplyDelete