LETTER 2 ME


Dear Me,

How was your week?  I hope you had a great one? Did you get my last letter? I hope that it met you well. Oh i almost forgot to ask. Were you at the Royal wedding? I wasn't. Not in body anyway. I attended via twitter. And as i read the posts and saw the comments, two things came to mind to share with you.

The first is to reiterate the fact that you do not let anyone's life be your standard. Now,  don't get me wrong. I know i once talked to you about mentorship. But mentorship is very different from patterning your life after someone.

Meghan is 37, the Prince is 33. And you're depressed because you have not found love at 25? Common. Don't let no one rush you with their timelines or lifestyle. Its in trying to be so much of someone else that you lose essence of who you are.

The second things is to learn, but more importantly, to apply. I couldn't help but note how a lit of people kept noting things about the wedding that is contrary to what we Nigerians do. As i read them, it occurred to me that its just the same way our education system is. Lots of theories, no practicals. And even the theories are not tailored to our Nigerian environment.

I don't want you to be like that. See, but look. Hear, but listen. What am i trying to say? Learning is really in the practice, not just the knowledge. Observe, but apply too.

Till i write you again, be good. And take care.

Love,
Nathan.
POST BY : NATHAN SHAIBU

IG: neightan_official
Facebook: Adinoyi Omeiza Nathan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LIFE AS IT IS- VOWS

TELL ME SOMETHING; AM A YOUNG & PREGNANT NIGERIAN GIRL SHOULD I ABORT??

The Sojourner's Diary: ALMA GEMELA(SOUL MATE)